The End of the Sun is a first-person exploration and adventure story-based game, set in the world of Slavic rites, beliefs and legends. The small village becomes a place of mysterious events, through which the line between myth and reality begins to fade perilously.
As the ashter (Slavic sorcerer) who is gifted with the ability to travel in time and knowledge about Navia (the otherworld where human fates shape), following the trail of the unusual fugitive, you come to a mysterious village. Unfortunately, you cannot find anyone there, at least not in a way you expected to. All you can see around are burned hearths.
The game is inspired by Slavic mythology and legends. The story presents the events occurring during the major Slavic festivals in all four seasons far away from each other in time. The gameplay is a mix of exploration and adventure games with unorthodox riddles to solve, but the storyline comes first.
• Photogrammetry of ethnographic museums – To get unique graphics, we visited ethnographic museums. We scanned hundreds of objects and entire buildings, so you can admire them in the game the way they actually are.
• Time travel – Teleport between four main seasons far away from each other by many years. Get to know the stories of the same heroes at different stages of their lives. Use your power to solve the mystery!
• Non-linear and engaging story – Experience particular immersive stories at your own pace and at the moment you feel like it.
• Consequences of time manipulation – Set the paths of fate and bring the course of events back on the right track to discover further fragments of the game world and story. Events from the past have an impact on the future.
• Slavic culture – Enjoy not only the immersive story but also look at the long-forgotten everyday activities and objects that are no longer used today.
• Exploration and Open World – Travel between the homesteads and the surroundings of the village, discovering pieces of the mystery that lies somewhere there.
• Dynamic environment – The time of day, weather, and lighting change smoothly and dynamically right before your eyes as you discover parts of the mystery.
· Price: TBD (Most probably 19.99$)
· Full Release available on the Steam Store: Coming Soon (Q3 2023)
· Operating systems: WIN, MAC, LINUX (Steam Deck) // Planned Consoles (Play Station / XBOX)
· Planned language versions: English, Polish, German, Russian, French, Spanish, Czech, Chinese-Simplified, Italian, (English and Polish – full Audio)
ABOUT THE END OF THE SUN TEAM:
We are a small independent studio from Poland. The team was formed by a dream of creating atmospheric adventure story-based games.
DIRECTOR / GAME AND GRAPHIC DESIGNER / SCREENWRITER /
His earlier project was The Mims Beginning (from the Squatting Penguins team), the game that successfully raised two crowdfunding campaigns and was released on the Steam store.
MUSIC AND SOUND DESIGNER / ENVIRO DESIGNER / GAME DESIGNER
Singer, guitarist and music composer who can make miracles with her midi keyboard and computer. She also deals with the creation of environmental elements of the game.
Has many years of experience, cooperates with us in his free time, creating what cannot be seen, but thanks to his work the world of the game functions properly.